Game of Chance
Competition Terms and Conditions
ALL LOTTERIES AND GAMES OF CHANCE - TERMS & CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
METHOD OF ENTRY
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these conditions of entry. These terms and conditions may be amended from time to time, in accordance with state regulations. Participants should check the HRI website www.hri.org.au for the current version.
2. Except where advertised differently, entry is only open to residents of Australia. The Heart Research Institute (“HRI”) employees, associated companies and agencies, and their immediate families are ineligible.
3. To enter, participants must follow the directions on www.hri.org.au, fill-in their details including, but not limited to, name, email, phone number and address, and complete the Supporter Survey in full.
4. The competition period starts at 10:00 am on Monday 18 June 2018 and ends on 11:59 pm on Saturday 1 September (AEST) (the Promotional Period). Entries will only be accepted during the Promotional Period.
5. All valid entries submitted during the specified Promotional Period will be entered into the prize draw to win the nominated prizes.
6. Except where advertised differently, entries are limited to one per person. The use of any automated software or any other mechanical or electronic means that permits the participant automatically to enter repeatedly is prohibited (“Repeat Entry Device”). If the Promoter reasonably believes that an entrant is using any Repeat Entry Device, the Promoter may disqualify that entrant without notice.
7. Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
8. The prize will consist of 1 x $100.
9. Subject to clause 13, all prizes are as depicted or described in the promotions for the competition and are not subject to change.
10. Prizes are not transferable. Travel and any additional expenses are not included in this prize.
11. HRI accepts no responsibility for any loss, damage, or injury incurred from entering the competition or in connection with taking up the prize.
12. Once prizes have left the prize supplier’s premises, HRI takes no responsibility for any prizes damaged, delayed or lost in transit.
13. No responsibility or liability is accepted for any variation in the value of the prizes. In the event that any prize item is unavailable, HRI reserves the right to substitute a different prize item of equal or greater value, subject to approval in accordance with state regulations.
14. Subject to clause 16, the prize will be delivered to the winner within 10 business days of the winner being selected.
PRIZE DRAW AND WINNER NOTIFICATION
15. The prize draw will take place at 11.45am on Monday 3 September 2018 at the premises of the promoter. The winner will be notified by phone and/or email at 12 noon Monday 3 September 2018. The winner will be published online at www.hri.org.au.
UNCLAIMED PRIZE DRAW
16. The unclaimed prize draw will take place three months after the draw, at midday on 3 December 2018.
17. HRI will conduct such further draws as are necessary in order to distribute any of the prize. Winners of unclaimed prizes will be notified either by phone or email within 2 days of the unclaimed prize draw. Winners’ names will be published on www.hri.org.au no later 30 days of the redraw.
18. HRI reserves the right to request information to verify the validity of entries including proof of identity and/or proof of Australian residency status at the nominated prize delivery address. Acceptance of verification information is at the discretion of HRI. HRI reserves the right to disqualify any entrant for tampering with the entry process or for submitting an entry that is not in accordance with these conditions of entry.
19. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of this promotion.
20. HRI’s determination of the winner is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
21. No responsibility will be accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries. All entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt into HRI's database, and NOT at the time of transmission by the entrant.
22. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of HRI which corrupts or affects the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, HRI reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion subject to the approval of the gaming authority, where required. Tampering includes the use of Repeat Entry Device software.
23. HRI is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of computer online (or wireless) systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, or technical problems resulting from participation or sending or receiving of any communication or of any materials in this competition.
25. By entering this competition, you give HRI the right to use your name, address, email address and mobile number for promotional, marketing and publicity purposes outside of the competition. You may opt out at any time.
26. HRI is the Heart Research Institute Ltd, 7 Eliza Street Newtown NSW 2042 ABN: 41 003 209 952.
27. Authorised under NSW Permit No LTPS/18/25443.